Monday, January 31, 2011

Lonely.



The road we walk is a lonely one. Even those who support and love us will never really know what it's like...

I feel so isolated, but I don't really have any desire to be around other people. I feel like everyone is fake. All of these people around me pretending to have problems to get attention, creating drama wherever they go. They want to be labeled something they're not. Sometimes I sit back in amazement at the stuff people make up or complain about and think, "You have no idea...".

The truth is, a lot of the girls out there who "want" eating disorders are immature, shallow, selfish, and weak. They couldn't even survive having one, I guarantee it. It's a personal hell. It pushes its sufferers toward suicide. The pull of death gets stronger day by day. It takes strength to resist it.

So to all of my fellow eating disordered friends, the fact that you're still alive and have endured the dark thoughts that sometimes feel like they're swallowing you whole makes you much braver than you know. There's a light up ahead. We'll get through this eventually. I know an "internet connection" isn't much of a connection at all, but you're not alone. And neither am I.

Don't give up.

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. that's right...we're all in the same lonely boat...ironically together :( no one will ever really understand us...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spot on!

    There are good days but there are also bad days..and somehow the bad ones seem to be more prominent than the good ones.

    :(

    We are all strong! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really enjoying your blog. Sorry, I know I've posted quite a few times tonight on it! But thanks again. I wasn't feeling too well earlier, and now, I feel okay. I feel better. Thanks so much for sharing.

    J.H.

    ReplyDelete