Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 2



Day 1 was successful. And pretty easy. My mind was consumed by other things, so I didn't even think about food.

Yesterday I found out that my Dad is thinking about leaving my Mom. I can't even begin to express the anger I feel toward him right now. He is one of the most selfish babyish men I have ever seen. I just can't believe this. After all that bullshit he lectured me about...how to make marriage work and how much he loves my Mom....just two weeks ago! And now, all of a sudden, he's not getting enough attention. What a fucking pussy. After all the bullshit he put my Mom through, she always stuck by him and defended him...and he pulls this crap? I am just dumbfounded. People, this is what happens when you let your "feelings" rule your life. You make dumbass decisions that are completely self-centered and vain, and ruin everyone's life that you love. For once...For once in his life, can't he just do the right thing? Not because it benefits him...but because it's right. I feel so bad for my Mom. After all she's been through...she deserves so much more than this. She has given her life away to her family and friends, she's tried to do what's right always. She's gone above and beyond for the ones she loves, and even for people she doesn't even know. And now she's being "punished" for it by a man who was supposed to love her. After 28 years, he throws a woman like that away. Does he think he's going to find someone better? There are hardly any women like that anymore, especially in America. Women are just as selfish now days as men. We've all been babied so fucking much...that's why 50% of marriages fail in this country. Marriages that have lasted have done so because they worked their asses off making it work. Yes there are times when its hard, and you might not have that "in love" feeling at some point or another....but you have to work on it. Make it right. You don't just throw a marriage away...it's more than a contract, it's a covenant. One that God takes seriously, and so should we. Sometimes it seems hopeless to expect any marriage to work for my generation because people continue to do dumb shit.

Anyway...now that I got that rant out of my system...I'm going to go exercise.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear, it's awful. Truly and deeply disgraceful. I hope everything will work itself out soon, maybe there is still hope ?
    Some men just a little more "male dominated" than others, I made the mistake myself to fall in love with such a man. It always takes me to fold, and sometimes that's really difficult.
    But I still believe love can survive...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I wish my dad would leave my mom because she can do so much better and she would never leave him. Sorry to hear your news. It sucks to see your great mom get the short end of the stick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dads suck for sure. dont let it get you down trust me he will do something worse than this even

    ReplyDelete