Tuesday, March 16, 2010

So I was thinking about how isolated I am today. Not only I, but it seems that most eating-disordered people tend to isolate themselves. Surprisingly, I wasn't too bothered by the thought. What did bother me is the fact that I wish I were surrounded by like-minded people.

One of my very best friends used to be bulimic. We shared our eating disorders, and while she still struggles with it, she's not even close to the mindset that I'm still in. I wish I had real life friends that shared my struggles, problems, goals, and thoughts. I love the online community, but it's not quite the same.

Thinspo: Gaga from her "Telephone" video:




1 comment:

  1. i hear you. i think for some people this feels safer because online friends are so...disposable? but i get you. it'd be nice to have somebody here. stay strong, lovely.

    xoxo
    zette

    ReplyDelete