Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Updated.


So I went to the ED clinic. They weighed me, but wouldn't let me see the numbers. After talking with the doctor for about an hour, he basically reinforced the Bulimia diagnosis. He said it seems pretty severe given the amount of purging I do daily and because I sometimes use laxies as well. He drew blood because he wanted to check my electrolytes and potassium levels. He laid out a couple of treatment options, but I just decided to do regular outpatient, which involves see a dietitian and therapist once a week, and seeing the psychiatrist every couple of weeks. We'll see how this goes. I felt really comfortable there, though. I think they might just be able to help...

x

Btw- this made me giggle:

3 comments:

  1. ahah love cyanide&happiness! just read their latest daily comic actually. and i remember that one, it stuck with me.. but you know it's actually not zero calores? you retain roughly 20% of what you purge. scary.
    but sounds like you're on a good path! keep that up =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad!!! It's a really big and good step for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm addicted to cyanide&happiness. really. i'm glad you feel comfortable there. proud of you, darling. stay strong.
    xoxo
    zette

    ReplyDelete